Take a full backup of our files and database of your magento site. Clone the magento store and use it for migration , don’t use your production site. Clone the database from your magento store . Migration of magento2 consists of three different types given below
- Theme Migration
- Extension Migration
- Theme Customization
Note: There is a tool for magento1 to magento2 migration, but it’s not working for 100% . You have use at your own risk. So, we give a solution for magento1 to magento2 migration from this blog.
Before starting, you must have little bit knowledge of magento2 & coding structure.
Steps to Produce:
- Download magento2 package with or without sample data.
- Create the folders & files like below app/design/frontend/vendor/theme/registration.php
app/design/frontend/ vendor/theme /Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml
- Configure & apply magento2 theme. Navigate Admin-> Content->Design-> Theme and check if your theme is appeared or not.
- Go to Stores-> Configuration ->Design. Choose your newly created theme and save. Clear the “cache”.
- Then Go to your frontend , you can see your own magento2 theme
- Magento 1 modules are not compatible with magento2 modules. Magento2 modules always use namespace, but magento1 is not.
- For migration process, you have to download all the magento2 modules same as your magento1 and replace the modules with inside the magento 1 store.
- For creating own modules, you have to create folders & files like below
- Customize the magento2 theme same as your magento1 theme is quite simple.
- Default theme in magento2 is “Luma Theme”. You can easily override and customize the “Luma theme” same as your magento1 theme. Follow below steps
- Copy all the folders inside the vendor/magento/ theme-frontend-luma.
- Paste into your app/design/frontend/ vendor/theme
- Then all the files are called from your “app/design/frontend/ vendor/theme” in magento2 frontend.
- So, you can customize your magento2 store as same as your magento 1 store like colors, fonts ,etc…
Hope this blog helped to drove this magento1 to magento2 migration successfully If you have any queries/doubts feel free to contact us support@ bootsgrid.com